Our guest arrival days are Mondays and Fridays.
Choose your start date in the calendar below (shown in bold) and the number of nights you wish to stay to view rates.
Prices for The Acorn start from £340 for short breaks and £635 for full weeks.
Prices for The Oaks start from £530 for short breaks and £995 for full weeks.
A deposit of £150 is required at the time of booking to secure your reservation with the balance due two months before your arrival.
We do not accept pets apart from fully trained assistance dogs.
We thank you for choosing to book The Barn at Mead Farm and hope you enjoy your stay with us. We shall do everything reasonably expected of us as your hosts. However, when you make this booking you are entering into a contract with us so please take the time to read the conditions of booking below.
CHARGES AND TERMS. To confirm a booking we shall require a non-returnable deposit of £150 which includes a booking fee of £25. The balance is due two calendar months before your arrival date. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if full payment has not been received by this date. Payment can be made by debit card or bank transfer. If a booking is made less than two months prior to the start date of your holiday payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
BOOKING DETAILS. No more than the number of persons stated at the time of booking may occupy each property. The holiday may not be transferred to another party or sold on without our prior knowledge and permission. The owners reserve the right to refuse a booking which we do not feel is suitable for our accommodation. This would include hen parties, stag parties or groups which may cause disturbance to other guests.
CANCELLATION. Providing we receive written notice of cancellation at least two months before the date of the holiday you will not be liable to pay the balance. For notice periods of less than this we will only be in a position to refund any monies if we can re-let the cottage. Under the circumstances this may not equate to a full refund. For your protection we strongly recommend that you take out appropriate holiday insurance which includes cancellation cover due to illness (including covid). In the unlikely event that the accommodation becomes unavailable and we have to cancel your holiday then our liability is limited to a full refund.
COVID LOCKDOWN RESTRICTIONS: Should lockdown restrictions be put in place by the UK Government in response to the Covid-19 outbreak which prevent us being able to open for the duration of your holiday you can postpone your booking to a new date of your choosing and credit any monies already paid towards that new date, or we will refund any monies already paid to us minus the booking fee.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE. Your accommodation will be available to you from 4:30pm on the day of arrival. It would be helpful if you could let us know an approximate time of arrival especially if you may be arriving later than 6:30pm. Please be ready to vacate the accommodation by 9:30am on the day of departure leaving the cottage in a clean and tidy condition and notify us of any breakages or items requiring attention.
DAMAGES AND BREAKAGES. We ask that you take reasonable care of our property. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damage you may cause to the accommodation and its contents during your stay. Please report these as soon as they occur. Please let us know if any appliance needs attention so that we can endeavour to repair or replace it.
LIABILITY. Visitors are asked to take care whilst on our property. Parents are particularly asked to ensure the safety of their children at all times and not to leave them unattended in the property or the grounds. Please do not allow children to play unattended near any of the animals nor to enter the paddock at the front of the property where there is a pond.
We do not accept responsibility or liability for injury or damage to and loss of guests property, cars and contents, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all actions, claims, costs and proceedings including legal fees incurred defending the same arising from your acts or omissions and those in your party whilst on our property.
In the event of guest misbehaviour or other necessary cause, we reserve the right to terminate the let without any refund of letting monies.
PETS. We do not accept pets. Accredited fully trained assistance dogs are welcome. Notice that an assistance dog will be staying in the cottage must be given at the time of booking and their accreditation documents be made available to us. We have rare breed sheep grazing and at certain times such as lambing there will be restricted access to the grounds. Assistance dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
SMOKING. The property is non-smoking both indoors and throughout the grounds and gardens.
COMPLAINTS. It is our wish that you have a most enjoyable stay with us but should you encounter any problems please notify us immediately to give us the opportunity to put things right.
Accessibility In And Around The Barn
The Barn at Mead Farm is a former agricultural barn converted into two self-contained self-catering holiday cottages. It is situated just off a country lane. There is a wide gateway leading onto a gravel car park. There is a sloping drive up to the barn layered with gravel stones.
- All contact details are displayed on the website, and bookings can be made by phone or email.
- The village of Hope is 5 minutes walk away along a country lane some of which has no pavement or street lighting. There is no public transport along this lane. The main road through Hope is a bus route between Sheffield and Castleton.
- Hope railway station is on the main line between Sheffield and Manchester and is approximately 1 mile from Mead Farm.
- There are no standing taxis at the railway station.
- There are public toilets in Hope.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The entire property is on a sloping hill from the rear fields down to the road.
- There is a gravel slope leading up to The Barn that can be used as a dropping off point.
- The main car parking area sits to the front of The Barn and can accommodate up to three cars. Additional parking is available elsewhere on the farm by prior arrangement.
- The car parking area and the entrance to The Barn are lit with sensor lights from the gateway to the front doors.
- The distance from the car park to The Barn is approximately 20 metres.
Main Entrance Areas
- Both cottages are entirely self-contained and have their own front door opening inwards directly into their own kitchen area, with one step to enter.
- Lighting is via down-lighters. Light switches are located to the left hand side of the front door in both cottages.
- Each cottage has its own open plan dining/living/kitchen area.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- In The Acorn cottage there is a first floor galleried double bedroom, the staircase has a bend to the right.
- The bedroom is carpeted, with an en-suite shower room. The door opens inwards. There are spotlights that can be controlled from the bed-side and hallway and also bedside lamps.
- The Oaks cottage has a single bedroom on the ground floor. It is carpeted and has an inward opening door to a shower en-suite. The double bedroom is on the first floor and has an inward opening door to an en-suite bathroom. The twin bedroom is also on the first floor and has a sliding door opening to an en-suite shower room. All bedrooms have spotlights and bedside lamps.
- The bedding is cotton. Hypoallergenic quilts and duck/goose feather filled pillows are provided. Hypoallergenic pillows are available upon request.
- There are no bedrooms designed for wheelchair access.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
- All bedrooms have their own dedicated en-suite shower room or bathroom. There are no ‘family’ bathrooms or WC’s.
- All en-suites are fully tiled. Bath mats are provided in all en-suites. The bathroom in The Oaks cottage has a bath with shower over and glass screen.
Self -Catering Kitchen
- There is an open plan kitchen within each cottage.
- The Acorn cottage has a fitted kitchen with electric hob/extractor fan and cooker. There is a tall fridge/freezer unit and a ground level dishwasher. The crockery and glasses are in a top cupboard, as is the food cupboard.
- The Oaks cottage has a fitted kitchen with electric hob/extractor fan and cooker. There is a ground level fridge/freezer unit and dishwasher. The crockery and glasses are in a top cupboard, as is the food cupboard.
Heating & Ventilation
- The Barn has been recently converted for accommodation and therefore has a modern standard of heating/ventilation/insulation throughout.
- The ground floor of both cottages is tiled with under-floor heating controlled via wall mounted thermostats.
- The upper floor bedrooms are carpeted and heated via conventional wall mounted radiators.
- Heated towel rails are provided in all en-suites, as are extractor fans that operate in conjunction with the lights.
- The laundry room is located in a separate building across a small courtyard from The Barn. It is lit at night and is located through a gateway.
- The door is on a latch and opens outwards. There is a step down and low headroom. The walls are white and the floor tiled.
- There is a light switch on the right hand side of the entrance.
- The laundry room has a washing machine, sink/drainer, and clothes drying racks. There is also space to hang coats and store walking boots.
- The laundry room is shared between the two cottages.
- There is a paved patio area with tables and chairs to the rear of The Barn which is accessed up a gravel slope through a gate.
- There is a paved patio area at the front of the property with a bench and tables and chairs.
- There is a paved/gravel area with tables and chairs across the courtyard near to the laundry room.
- The patios are shared between the two cottages.
- The car parking area, patios and courtyard areas are all lit with sensor lights and covered by CCTV for the safetey and security of guests.
- There are no outside WC’s.
- There is mobile phone reception in all areas of The Barn. Signal strength varies between providers.
- Wi-Fi access is available throughout The Barn.
- The owners of The Barn live adjacent to the barn.
- The emergency evacuation procedure is displayed on the front door of each cottage.
- There are smoke/heat alarms in each cottage which emit a piercing noise.
- The Barn is non-smoking throughout, including the grounds.
- We do not accept pets apart from fully trained assistance dogs.
The Barn at Mead Farm
Updated: October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The barn will be ready for you from 4:30pm on the day you arrive. If you are planning to arrive much later in the evening please let us know in advance so that we can arrange for somebody to be here to greet you and pass over the keys etc.
We ask that the barn is left in a clean and tidy condition and is vacated by 9:30am on the day you leave.
You will find a list of things you will find inside the barn by clicking on the link below. If there is anything else you would like then let us know in advance and we will do what we can to help.
Our Privacy and Cookie Policies can be viewed by clicking on the link below.