Accessibility In And Around The Barn
The Barn at Mead Farm is a former agricultural barn converted into two self-contained self-catering holiday cottages. It is situated just off a country lane. There is a wide gateway leading onto a gravel car park. There is a sloping drive up to the barn layered with gravel stones.
- All contact details are displayed on the website, and bookings can be made by phone or email.
- The village of Hope is 5 minutes walk away along a country lane some of which has no pavement or street lighting. There is no public transport along this lane. The main road through Hope is a bus route between Sheffield and Castleton.
- Hope railway station is on the main line between Sheffield and Manchester and is approximately 1 mile from Mead Farm.
- There are no standing taxis at the railway station.
- There are public toilets in Hope.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The entire property is on a sloping hill from the rear fields down to the road.
- There is a gravel slope leading up to The Barn that can be used as a dropping off point.
- The main car parking area sits to the front of The Barn and can accommodate up to three cars. Additional parking is available elsewhere on the farm by prior arrangement.
- The car parking area and the entrance to The Barn are lit with sensor lights from the gateway to the front doors.
- The distance from the car park to The Barn is approximately 20 metres.
Main Entrance Areas
- Both cottages are entirely self-contained and have their own front door opening inwards directly into their own kitchen area, with one step to enter.
- Lighting is via down-lighters. Light switches are located to the left hand side of the front door in both cottages.
- Each cottage has its own open plan dining/living/kitchen area.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- In The Acorn cottage there is a first floor galleried double bedroom, the staircase has a bend to the right.
- The bedroom is carpeted, with an en-suite shower room. The door opens inwards. There are spotlights that can be controlled from the bed-side and hallway and also bedside lamps.
- The Oaks cottage has a single bedroom on the ground floor. It is carpeted and has an inward opening door to a shower en-suite. The double bedroom is on the first floor and has an inward opening door to an en-suite bathroom. The twin bedroom is also on the first floor and has a sliding door opening to an en-suite shower room. All bedrooms have spotlights and bedside lamps.
- The bedding is cotton. Hypoallergenic quilts and duck/goose feather filled pillows are provided. Hypoallergenic pillows are available upon request.
- There are no bedrooms designed for wheelchair access.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
- All bedrooms have their own dedicated en-suite shower room or bathroom. There are no ‘family’ bathrooms or WC’s.
- All en-suites are fully tiled. Bath mats are provided in all en-suites. The bathroom in The Oaks cottage has a bath with shower over and glass screen.
Self -Catering Kitchen
- There is an open plan kitchen within each cottage.
- The Acorn cottage has a fitted kitchen with electric hob/extractor fan and cooker. There is a tall fridge/freezer unit and a ground level dishwasher. The crockery and glasses are in a top cupboard, as is the food cupboard.
- The Oaks cottage has a fitted kitchen with electric hob/extractor fan and cooker. There is a ground level fridge/freezer unit and dishwasher. The crockery and glasses are in a top cupboard, as is the food cupboard.
Heating & Ventilation
- The Barn has been recently converted for accommodation and therefore has a modern standard of heating/ventilation/insulation throughout.
- The ground floor of both cottages is tiled with under-floor heating controlled via wall mounted thermostats.
- The upper floor bedrooms are carpeted and heated via conventional wall mounted radiators.
- Heated towel rails are provided in all en-suites, as are extractor fans that operate in conjunction with the lights.
- The laundry room is located in a separate building across a small courtyard from The Barn. It is lit at night and is located through a gateway.
- The door is on a latch and opens outwards. There is a step down and low headroom. The walls are white and the floor tiled.
- There is a light switch on the right hand side of the entrance.
- The laundry room has a washing machine, sink/drainer, and clothes drying racks. There is also space to hang coats and store walking boots.
- The laundry room is shared between the two cottages.
- There is a paved patio area with tables and chairs to the rear of The Barn which is accessed up a gravel slope through a gate.
- There is a paved patio area at the front of the property with a bench and tables and chairs.
- There is a paved/gravel area with tables and chairs across the courtyard near to the laundry room.
- The patios are shared between the two cottages.
- The car parking area, patios and courtyard areas are all lit with sensor lights and covered by CCTV for the safetey and security of guests.
- There are no outside WC’s.
- There is mobile phone reception in all areas of The Barn. Signal strength varies between providers.
- Wi-Fi access is available throughout The Barn.
- The owners of The Barn live adjacent to the barn.
- The emergency evacuation procedure is displayed on the front door of each cottage.
- There are smoke/heat alarms in each cottage which emit a piercing noise.
- The Barn is non-smoking throughout, including the grounds.
- We do not accept pets apart from fully trained assistance dogs.
The Barn at Mead Farm
Updated: October 2022