Is the area in and around the barn accessible to everybody?
The Barn at Mead Farm is a former agricultural barn converted into two self-contained self-catering holiday cottages. It is situated just off a country lane. There is a wide gateway leading onto a gravel car park. There is a sloping drive up to the barn layered with gravel stones.
· All contact details are displayed on the website, and bookings can be made by phone or email.
· The village of Hope is 15 minutes walk away along a country lane, some of which has no pavement or street lighting. There is no public transport along this lane. The main road through Hope is a bus route between Sheffield and Castleton.
· Hope railway station is on the main line between Sheffield and Manchester and is approximately 1½ miles from Mead Farm.
· There are no standing taxis at the railway station. These need to be pre-booked.
· There are public toilets in Hope.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
· The entire property is on a sloping hill from the rear fields down to the road.
· There is a gravel slope leading up to The Barn that can be used as a dropping off point.
· The main car parking area sits to the front of The Barn and can accommodate up to three cars. Additional parking is available elsewhere on the farm by prior arrangement. There is no public parking on the road.
· The car parking area and the entrance to The Barn are lit with sensor lights from the gateway to the front doors.
· The distance from the car park to The Barn is approximately 20 metres.
Main Entrance Areas
· Both cottages are entirely self-contained and have their own front door opening inwards directly into their own kitchen area, with one step to enter.
· Lighting is via down-lighters that start dim and become brighter. Light switches are located to the left hand side of the front door in both cottages.
· Each cottage has its own open plan dining/living/kitchen area.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
· In The Acorn cottage there is a first floor galleried double bedroom, the staircase has a bend to the right.
· The bedroom is carpeted, with an en-suite shower room. The door opens inwards. There are spotlights that can be controlled from the bed-side and hallway and also bedside lamps.
· The Oaks cottage has a single bedroom on the ground floor. It is carpeted and has an inward opening door to a shower en-suite. The double bedroom is on the first floor and has an inward opening door to an en-suite bathroom. The twin bedroom is also on the first floor and has a sliding door opening to an en-suite shower room. All bedrooms have spotlights and bedside lamps.
· The bedding is cotton. Hypoallergenic quilts and duck/goose feather filled pillows are provided. Hypoallergenic pillows are available upon request.
· There are no bedrooms designed for wheelchair access.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
· All bedrooms have their own dedicated en-suite shower room or bathroom. There are no ‘family’ bathrooms or WC’s.
· All en-suites are fully tiled. Bath mats are provided in all en-suites. The bathroom in The Oaks cottage has a shower over and glass screen.
Self -Catering Kitchen
· There is an open plan kitchen within each cottage.
· The Acorn cottage has a fitted kitchen with electric hob/extractor fan and cooker. There is a tall fridge/freezer unit and a ground level dishwasher. The crockery and glasses are in a top cupboard, as is the food cupboard.
· The Oaks cottage has a fitted kitchen with electric hob/extractor fan and cooker. There is a ground level fridge/freezer unit and dishwasher. The crockery and glasses are in a top cupboard, as is the food cupboard.
Heating & Ventilation
· The Barn has been recently converted for accommodation and therefore has a modern standard of heating/ventilation/insulation throughout.
· The ground floor of both cottages is tiled with under-floor heating controlled via wall mounted thermostats.
· The upper floor bedrooms are carpeted and heated via conventional wall mounted radiators.
· Heated towel rails are provided in all en-suites, as are extractor fans that operate in conjunction with the lights.
· Fans are provided.
· The laundry room is located in a separate building across a small courtyard from The Barn. It is lit at night and is located through a gateway.
· The door is on a latch and opens outwards. There is a step down and low headroom. The walls are white and the floor tiled.
· There is a flourescent strip-light with the switch on the right hand side of the entrance.
· The laundry room has a washing machine, sink/drainer, and clothes drying racks. There is also space to hang coats and store walking boots.
· The laundry room is shared between the two cottages.
· There is a paved patio area with tables and chairs to the rear of The Barn which is accessed via 4 steps and a through a gate.
· There is a paved patio area at the front of the property with a bench and tables and chairs.
· There is a paved/gravel area for barbeques with tables and chairs across the courtyard near to the laundry room.
· The patios and barbecue areas are shared between the two cottages.
· Access to the fields around The Barn is made via a gateway and up a sloping drive.
· The car parking area, front patio, courtyard, and barbecue area are all lit with sensor lights. There is no outside lighting to the rear patio.
· Guests have access to the fields and garden surrounding the barn. They are all sloping and accessed via a gate.
· There are no outside WC's
· There is mobile phone reception in all areas of The Barn. Signal strength varies between providers.
· A mobile phone is located in the laundry room for emergency use.
· Wi-Fi access is available throughout The Barn.
· Emergency contact numbers are displayed inside each cottage.
· The owners of The Barn live adjacent to the barn.
· The emergency evacuation procedure is displayed on the front door of each cottage.
· There are smoke alarms in each cottage which emit a piercing noise.
· The Barn is non-smoking throughout, including the grounds.
· We do not accept pets apart from fully trained assistance dogs.
The Barn at Mead Farm
Telephone: 01433 623588